For the home | 5 inspiring back yard patio spaces
If you follow me on Pinterest, you know I love a good outdoor living space. If you’re looking for some ideas for your back yard patio outdoor living area, check out these five incredibly different and totally inspiring layouts.
1. Everything at your fingertips. Covered porch, dining area, comfortable lounge chairs, and a great big fire pit? Yes, please! This back yard patio space has everything you need to complete your outdoor living experience.
2. All the lights. I’m a huge fan of stringed lights, and seeing how lovely the layout of this back yard patio area looks in the light, I can only imagine how cozy it would look at night! If your outdoor living space lacks overhead cover, stringed lights are an ideal option.
3. Best use of small space. If your back yard patio living area lacks square footage, don’t worry! Take note of how this small space makes the most of every inch. From lounge chairs and a mini hot tub to low maintenance plants and an outdoor dining area, this is an attractive space.
4. Best use of colour. Love that outdoor tile! Reminiscent of the French countryside, this back yard patio makes great use of colour by matching the tile colour with the patio door and window surrounds. Add to that some greenery and feminine flowers, and this is a lovely space for entertaining.
5. Stone surround. Who says your back yard patio has to actually be on your patio? The patio picture here transitions easily into an outdoor living space with a stacked stone surround. Add some boxwoods (or greenery of your choice), and this is a nice space for early morning coffee and conversation.
Whatever your personal preference, creating a back yard patio space that you love doesn’t have to be difficult or overly expensive. Work with what you have, and play up the features of your home. Check out my Outdoor Living board on Pinterest for more patio inspiration!