For the Home: White Tile with Black Grout
If you follow me on Pinterest, you know I’m a HUGE fan of white kitchens and bathrooms. Classic, sleek, and clean, you can’t go wrong with an all-white palate. In our home, Wes and I keep things neutral and accent with pops of colour.
Lately, I’ve really been drawn to the juxtaposition of white tiles with black grout. There is something so classic about the combination, whether used in a bathroom or kitchen. Today I’m sharing some of my favourite combinations of white tile with black grout.
1. Subway tile two ways. This gorgeous marble shower setting features some beautiful subway tile with a diagonal inset. What I love about this white tile with black grout is that it’s timeless. Bonus? The variation in the marble is highlighted by the dark grout.
2. White cabinets, black counter. This farmhouse kitchen stands out because of the beautiful tile backsplash, with white tiles and black grout (the wooden beam doesn’t hurt, either). Classic white cabinetry and an anything-but-basic black quartz counter, this kitchen was featured on Chip and Joanna’s Fixer Upper. I love it!
3. Dreamy bathroom with contrasting tile. Subway tile, like this combination of white tile with black grout, is classic and timeless. I love the contrast with the beautiful black and white tile flooring. Add an over-sized white pedestal tub with black hardware, and you’ve got one dreamy bathroom! Also, that chandelier…
4. All things herringbone. While it’s debatable whether a herringbone backsplash is classic or trendy, I’ve gotta say it looks gorgeous, especially when the pattern is accentuated with white tile and black grout. And while I’m not a huge fan of open shelving in a kitchen, the dark wood shelve with brass corbels are a nod to traditional that really work in this setting.
5. Black and white bathroom. Scandi-inspired, I’m loving the stark white tiles and black grout featured in this bathroom. What’s most eye-catching is the pattern in which the penny tiles are set on the floor.
6. Hexagon tiles. White, with black grout. I’m not a huge fan of the minimalist cabinetry in this design, but I do like the larger hexagon-shaped tiles used in the backsplash.
7. Light and bright bathroom. If you’re debating the use of white tile with black grout in your own home, or if you’re concerned it may show “too dark” and possibly dirty, think again. This light bathroom is a great example of white tile and black grout done right. Featuring floor to ceiling subway tile and brass fixtures, this is a beautiful bathroom.
8. Farmhouse kitchen. While I’m not a fan of the black range hood, in this farm house, the white tile with black grout is really highlighted by some of the darker features — including the black range hood, black lighting fixtures, and natural wood beams.
If you’re looking for more white tile with black grout inspiration, head over to my Pinterest for more great tile ideas for your kitchen and bathroom.