For the Home: Indoor Christmas Decorating Ideas
Looking for some indoor Christmas decorating ideas this season? You don’t have to break the bank to create an interior space that’s warm and inviting this holiday season. I’ve shared several lovely Christmas vignette scenes on my Pinterest, and today I’m sharing some of my favourites here on the blog. No matter your tastes, there are many indoor Christmas decorating ideas out there to get you inspired!
1. Tree slices and Christmas Centerpieces. Very rustic, and very warm, I love the infusion of nature into this Christmas centrepiece. Tree slices — used as coasters, chargers, or even candle holders — are incredibly trendy right now. I love how the designer used tree slices of three different widths to create an interesting and eye-catching centrepiece. Balanced with burlap and plaid, as well as some sprigs of holly and evergreen, this is a beautiful table setting.
2. Mastering the mantelpiece with magnolias. If you’ve got a fireplace mantle, put it to good use this Christmas season with some seasonal decorations. I love this earthy design, featuring neutral colours, pine cones, magnolia flowers, ever green sprigs, and great glass urns. The colours are classic.
3. Gorgeous Christmas garland. If you’ve got an open staircase, why not dress it for Christmas with some festive decor? I love the idea of a lighted Christmas garlic, complemented with lots of red ribbon (love how the designer incorporated it on the chandelier as well). Seem like a lot of work? Many garlands come pre-lit and pre-wrapped with ribbon.
4. Scandinavian-inspired centrepiece. Using straight lines and very little colour, this Scandinavian styled centrepiece features an over-sized glass holder, white candle, tasteful evergreen sprigs and earthy complements. And as with many trendy decor ideas, a little burlap wrapped around the bottom goes a long way.
5. Classic Christmas foyer mantel. I love classic and traditional Christmas decor, and this foyer example is no exception. While a dwarf gold crest cypress isn’t necessarily traditional Christmas decoration, it works really well in this space, acting as a contrast to the more royal jewel tones. Balanced on either end by two large candles, this is a beautiful traditional Christmas mantel.
If you’re looking for more indoor Christmas decorating ideas for your home, be sure to check out my For the Home board on Pinterest. Follow along for lots of seasonal interior design inspiration!