Wednesday Wisdom: God Never Hurries
Written by H, Posted in Christian Living, Wednesday Wisdom
“God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which he must work. Only to know this is to quiet our spirits and relax our nerves.” A.W. Tozer
When circumstances just don’t seem in my favour, or when I wonder why God’s making me wait, it always helps to remember that God’s timing is perfect. As A.W. Tozer said in his book The Pursuit of God, “God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which he must work. Only to know this is to quiet our spirits and relax our nerves.” We may not understand God’s timing, but when we rest in the fact that His timing is perfect, we’ll be filled with a peace only our Saviour can provide.
It’s a good thing to wait on the Lord, and it is a good thing to rest in Him.
Here are some verses that remind us of God’s perfect timing:
- “Wait on the LORD: be of courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” Psalm 27:14
- “Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.” Psalm 37:7
- “I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.” Psalm 40:1
- “Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the Lord, and he shall save thee.” Proverbs 20:22
- “The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.” Lamentations 3:25
- “I will wait upon the LORD…” Isaiah 8:17
- “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31
- “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9
- “But as for me, I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.” Micah 7:7
- “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:” Philippians 1:6