Hope Reflected | Encouragement | Greater is He
1 John 4:4 says, “Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.” This verse is talking about how as Christians, as those who have accepted Jesus as our personal saviour, we have someone greater in us than anyone in this world. At times it can be hard to fathom, especially when we look around and see political unrest, hurricanes, and hurting hearts. It is true, however. Our God is greater than all of that. He is greater than any circumstance. His attributes are so many we can’t even begin to number them.
Who is the Lord? The Bible tells us so much about our Lord (these verses don’t even begin to cover it). Here are 20 attributes of God that encourage me, and verses to go along with them. These are just 20 of God’s attributes; the Bible is filled with many more!
- God is our ROCK.
- God is our STRENGTH.
- God is our FORTRESS.
- God is our DELIVERER.
- God is our GOD.
- God is TRUSTWORTHY.
- God is our SHIELD.
- God is the HORN OF OUR SALVATION.
- God is our STRONGHOLD.
- “The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” (Psalm 18:2)
- God is WORTHY TO BE PRAISED.
- “I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.” (Psalm 18:3)
- God is NEAR YOU.
- “The LORD is near all who call out to Him.” (Psalm 145:18)
- God is our KING.
- “You are my King.” (Psalm 44:4)
- God is our RESTORATION.
- “He restores my soul.” (Psalm 23:3)
- God is our SHEPHERD.
- “The LORD is my shepherd.” (Psalm 23:1)
- God is our HIDING PLACE.
- “You are my hiding place; you shall preserve me from trouble.” (Psalm 32:7)
- God is our HEALER.
- “LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.” (Psalm 30:2)
- God is our REST.
- “Come to me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)
- God is our PEACE.
- “For He Himself is our peace…” (Ephesians 2:14)
- God is our HOPE.
- “For You are my hope, O Lord GOD; you are my trust from my youth.” (Psalm 71:5)
- God is our COUNSELOR.
- “I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel.” (Psalm 16:7)
The next time you feel like you’re barely hanging on, call on God and His incredible attributes. The above are just 20 of God’s attributes. Take the time to get into God’s Word; His attributes and His promises will encourage and reassure you, wherever you are!
“Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.” 1 John 4:4